As the weather gets warmer here in Milwaukee the events revolving around city pride only seem to multiply, and one of the first to hit every year is 414 Day. Pioneered by fellow Milwaukeeans Timm Gable, Andy Silverman, Brent Gohde, and Rachel Fell, 414 Day has grown from an inside joke to a bonafide citywide event, with several local businesses participating in a slew of different activities and offerings.
Below, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorites this year:
1) Milwaukee Public Museum – From 11AM to 3PM, the MPM will be providing community-based theatre programs, as well as several educational programs centered around Milwaukee’s history. Covering all 3 floors, these programs come free with standard admission as part of the day’s festivities. More info can be found here.
2) The Bike Fixers – Local delivery favorites, Forward Courier with be hosting an Alley Cat race/Scavenger hunt at 2PM @ The Bike Fixers on Murray Ave. More info can be found here.
3) City Hall/Lakefront Brewery/Great Lakes Distillery – Milwaukee City Hall will be hosting a free “happy hour” from 5PM to 8PM. In addition to local beer and liquor offerings, food pairings will be provided by local restaurants Oscar’s and Simmer. The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra will be providing a soundtrack to this event, so sit back and take in some of the best music and food Milwaukee has to offer. More info is available here.
4) Outdoor Yoga MKE/The Oriental Theatre – These 2 local businesses are partnering up to present “Yoga @ The Oriental”, an awesome chance to take in a yoga class while meditating inside the main stage of this world-renowned theatre, complete with Buddha and elephant statues. Tickets are $15, and more info is available here.
5) Snack Boys – This far out Milwaukee eatery is throwing a dance party for the whole city! Festivities begin at 9PM, with Milwaukee Day lager provided by Company Brewing, and tunes all night long from DJ Casey Soyk. Find out more here.
Forward Courier will also be delivering delicious eats all day long, just like every other day. And since this year 414 Day marks Forward Courier’s 3rd year in business, it only makes sense to celebrate the occasion by chowing down some of Milwaukee’s delicacies made by one of our many partners! Get started at https://forwardcourier.com/food.
Wear your helmets, and stay safe Milwaukee!